[plugin] Freetrack

Updated freetrack for UE 4.27.1

If you need a plugin for TrackIR, write to me in person. I’m not sure I can distribute it openly.

1 Like

I’m unsure if this was a peculiarity of how I have Opentrack configured but I had to modify the library when I used it. OpenTrack data was coming in as radians and not being converted to degrees, which is what Unreal uses in Rotators.

I have write to you, can you help me , thank you!

Updated freetrack for UE 5.0.0

2 Likes

Hey thank you for making a build for Unreal 5.0. This is super useful for my FPS project.

#-#-#

Also a bit of advice for those who do not know where to get and place the freetrackclient64 dll. I was confused at first and eventually figured this out. :slight_smile:

Where to get freetrackclient64 dll

I downloaded and installed opentrack and got the freetrackclient64 out of the “modules” folder. I like OpenTrack because it is under the ISC license.

Where to put freetrackclient64dll

You want to put the freetrackclient64dll in the same folder as the freetrack.uplugin. DO NOT put it in freetrack/binaries folder otherwise it will not work and it will crash your engine when you try and start it up.

1 Like

Can you compile it for 5.0.1 version? Thank you.

Hey guys. Sorry, I don’t have any free time at all.
Updated freetrack for UE 5.0.3

all my free time goes to work and my project)

Hi aGeronimo, thank you so much for putting this Plugin up, enabling tracking input through freetrack dll. Two questions, would you be interested in doing payed jobs like this, where we need different sensors, like cameras and lidar that needs a hack to control camera in Unreal, and further more, are you planning to release a plugin that works with Unreal 5.1
Once again, thank you for the contribution.

Warmest regards
Peter

So this weekend I wanted to control my nDisplay with my head. Thank you for the plugin! I’ve updated it for 5.1 There you go!

Just create your scene then in the same folder as your uproject, create a Plugins folder and extract this file to that folder. The folder that gets extracted is called freetrack. This folder NEEDS to stay freetrack and all the contents stay within it. I tried changing it to frreetrack5.1 and that broke the scene and it kept crashing. DO NOT DO THAT!

1 Like

Just create your scene then in the same folder as your uproject, create a Plugins folder and extract this file to that folder. The folder that gets extracted is called freetrack. This folder NEEDS to stay freetrack and all the contents stay within it. I tried changing it to frreetrack5.1 and that broke the scene and it kept crashing. DO NOT DO THAT!

These are the instructions that I put together to get you up and running Head Tracking - Google Docs

I would wait for 5.2 there are a lot of bugs in version 5.1…

2 Likes

Same here! I did install 5.1 and follow the instructions and when run the game the camera not moves, it seems to be a bug…

Hello Geronimo! The version 4.27.1 doesn’t exist, the launcher only allows to install the 4.27.2 and anyway I tried with that version and it didn’t work, any idea? Thanks!!

Works Perfect Moonkiexl! Only some tweaks in translation and rotation sensitivity.
Thanks!

1 Like

Hello!!! Thanks you very much for the asset! Do you have the source code for me to build a .lib rather than the .dll for Client64?

Just wanted to chime in on this topic real quick. I have successfully compiled this for Unreal 5.2 with no changes. I have yet to test it however but I will be able to do that soon. I have hardware coming that should allow me to do that. :slight_smile:

Hi. Testing work with Tobii on UE5.
it turns out not bad)

1 Like

I have the plugin running and working well. But is there away to execute an command in the BP if for examble the tracking is lost from opentrack?

I am using it in 5.3 and working well. But how can I recenter the opentrack when tracking is lost and send that to freetrack in ue?