[Plugin] Clothing

Hello,

I want to develop plugin for UE4 that contains 5 cloths and 3 colors. The user should be able to select cloth and color for the cloth for the hero.
I read a lot, but I’m still confusing. How to start and realize this?
First, I should modeling the cloths, right? Is this possible with 3ds-max software? And after that how can I import the cloths to my plugin?
Interfacely, I want to put menu in the toolbar menu from which the user will be able to choose one of the 5 cloths and other menu for the color.

Any suggestion how to start, define and put in order the tasks will be helpful!

Thank you in advance!

What you’re doing sounds to me like all you really need is a selection of materials taking color as a parameter. Plugins are engine features, and what you just described sounds as simple as creating a dynamic material instance, letting the user pick the base material from a selection. It could be done in Blueprint ^.^

Thank you for the advice! That really sounds simple, but is there any tutorials or samples from where I can start?
I know that plugins extend the functionality of the engine. My plugin is game plugin and I want to work for this game -> GitHub - tomlooman/EpicSurvivalGame: Third-person Survival Game for Unreal Engine (Sample Project) .