I’m happy to announce our open source initiative here at Descendent Studios!
We use open source in the development of Descent: Underground, so we wanted to give something back to the development community by making some of the code we’ve created available.
You can find Descendent Studios’ open source and available source development at: DescendentStudios (Descendent Studios) · GitHub
Our projects include:
- BlinkenPlugin, a plugin for Unreal Engine 4 (UE4) that controls accessory lighting like Razer Chroma, Alienware AlienFX, and Logitech G from both C++ and Blueprint.
- PingPlugin, a UE4 plugin that allows ICMP pinging of hosts from Blueprint so UIs can display ping times.
- XMPPChatPlugin, a UE4 plugin to use XMPP chat (think Jabber) via Blueprint so in-game chat systems can be implemented more easily.
- ExtraConfigPlugin, a UE4 plugin to manipulate input and graphics configuration from Blueprint so configuration UIs can be implemented more efficiently.
- Our contributions (additions and fixes) to several existing open source projects like OSVR-Unreal, nodervisor, discord-xmpp, and others.
We hope the development community finds these projects useful - we’d love to hear if you use them! And if you improve them, please submit a pull request to us as we’d be very excited to continue development together with the community. We also hope to add more projects in the future.