[PLUGIN] AnyShape Button Plugin

Hello there :slightly_smiling_face:

Design a button in UMG with the exact shape you require. Interesting, isn’t it? – This plugin will assist you!

AnyShape Button Plugin

Any shape you want, all you need is a texture with an alpha channel, and… that’s it! Then it functions like a regular native button (presses, hovers, clicks).
Where it’s transparent - it doesn’t register clicks, where it’s not transparent - it registers clicks. Everything is simple, while all the complexity has been hidden under the hood.

What if I want to create my unique button layout, for example, a radial menu? - No problem!
And what if I want to use the material for this? - You can use a material!
And what if I need a dozen buttons intersecting each other? - No problem!
And what about widget animations? - Animations are supported too!

You can find more detailed information on the plugin’s page, including links to the documentation.

Changelog:

AnyShape Button plugin v1.1 | UE 5.3 |

• add “Drag & Drop” system
  • minor fix
  • update example project
  • update documentation

Hey,
I’m having some problems trying to change the Hit Source to Custom at Runtime.
Basically, what I am trying to do, is change the button Hit Source from Bp’s, each time you hit it, you have a different Hit Source ( shape ).

But, while I am getting the correct name ( so I assume it’s assigning the correct file ), the hit is not working ( no hover, no click events ).

If I assign a texture to start with ( like in the bellow screen ), it works the first time, but after the new texture is assigned, it’s not working anymore.

Hello. I apologize for the delay in response, I didn’t receive a notification.

The next version of the plugin (v1.1.5) will include two runtime functions: SetNewHitSource and RebuildHitSource. They will solve this problem and add runtime update functionality.

(with UE5.4 release)