[Plugin] Anti-Cheat System

I am sorry, but I can’t help with that for now, I’ve been busy doing work for private company(s).

Okay, I hope you find time for this in the future.

Do I understand correctly that SCUE4 defines “cheat” programs only by the name of the processes? I already tried to modify the source files and only found a list with illegal words and a list with allowed words, but I still didn’t succeed.

Also, a small wish, when you have time, do not close the “cheat” programs, but close the game if a “cheat” program was found and a message about which program interferes with the launch of the game. The current behavior of SCUE4 is too aggressive and it can close even a notebook with a forbidden name, and there are many such examples, which annoys a number of players.

If you are looking for a deep process analysis you need a Microsoft certificate and subscribe your company to a anti-virus certified online database to scan binary signatures of executables running.

That’s going to cost you moneis.
Otherwise players can sue you.

Or you can just use Steam’s VAC, but VAC is bypassed in 5 minutes by crackers.

I understand, but I’m not talking about improving process analysis. I say it would be much better if SCUE4 closed the game instead of programs that it considers cheating.
And it is desirable to show the process in the dialog box due to which it was closing. I’ve seen similar messages in cpp files, apparently for debugging purposes.

Adding illegal keywords to the list doesn’t do anything when a process with that word is opened. After restart the added keywords are gone.

@BrUnO_XaVIeR I think you need to add in a hash check for the SCUE4x64.exe people can simply replace this and get around the whole plugin.

A company using this will buy Microsoft certificate and modify the plugin anyway.

As I always said, this is a template to expand upon by programmers, not an unbeatable system as is.

This plugin target users are indie devs with small pockets not company’s, a company will buy a anti-cheat not use something that force closes programs on a users system!

1 Like

You would be surprised lol

There are billion dollar MMO makers using this (modified by engineers).

Any info @BrUnO_XaVIeR ?

There’s an external scanner that is used at first, and there’s an internal one.
The internal which uses that list does not act immediately.

I don’t think you understood what I meant.

This list is used to scan for programs with those keywords, right? If you add keywords to this list, it does not save the added words. After restarting UE the words you added will be gone.

How can I add more words to this list?

Edit the source code.

Hey Bruno, does that most recent SC_Game-Guard.zip dropbox spit out a UE5 exe? Where can I get the Game Guard source code for SCUE5?

That process is engine version independent, unless Epic made drastic changes that I’m not aware of.

1 Like

Hey Bruno, I just got an update for the UE5 version of the plugin. What’s in the update? Thanks!

Plugin was uploaded with paths that are valid for GitHub repo… but wrong for Marketplace pre-built binaries.

I just fixed the paths (for the packaging tooling of the engine).

1 Like

Is there anyway you can add a check for the SCUE4x64.exe so it doesn’t say open if the engine crashes?

Have you seen this post?

I am still too chaotic to sit and check all the things I have to do right now, I just moved to another country and the tasks from work actually are on a deadline.

This kind of modification is simple to implement if you take the time to edit the source code of plugin.