Please introduce different Payment Options

Hello,

I am pretty new to Game Development, but I still feel like the 19?/Month are just not beatable by the competition.

The problem ist, that I don’t have a credit card and neither do I wan’t to get one, since I have bad experience with it.

Will there be more payment options soon? I think here in Germany, CC Payment is not really common, so you would make a lot of people happy.

Cheers,

I can just totally agree with it, here in Austria CC payment isn’t that common too, and using
a virtual credit card isn’t the way to go imo.

I have the same question, are there plans to add paypal?

Best regards,
Pjotr

Hi ,

This may be best answered by our staff at the @epicgames.com email address. Please send them a message and they should be able to assist you further.

Thank you and have a great day!

As I dont feel like bothering @epicgames.com if others are already emailing them, please keep me (us) informed on their answers :slight_smile:
On that note, we dutch people prefer Ideal, paypal or our regular bank account cards… which sadly are not available.

We will be adding new payment methods over time, but it’s going to take many months for major new ones to come online. I’m sorry for the inconvenience!

We wanted to have PayPal up and running at launch, but weren’t able to finish it in time.

Its not optimal, but for the time beeing I will Use Wirecard, which is a virtual prepaid credit card.

But yeah, some other payment options would benefit both, Epic and their customers.

I know this is stupid and will probably never happen, but I’d love to see methods of paying using stuff like amazon or google, cause I don’t have a credit card and so not even a valid PayPal account.
I know that is hard though since companies like these would probably ask for money and commission.

For : :slight_smile: I sent a mail yesterday, if there are any suggestions or workarounds, or if there are gonna be more payment options (very) soon, but sadly I got the most informational e-mail ever:

Currently we are not accepting PayPal, however we do accept credit or debit cards with the following logos:
Visa, Mastercard, Discover, JCB, Diners Club, American Express.

Well … I’m not gonna complain, they’re probably busy as s… dealing with hundreds of people so I guess I had to expect a template like that. However, as alreaydy said, there are definitely gonna be more payment options in the future as well as more flexible options regarding licenses / seats and stuff like that.

Oh man… I was looking forward to downloading UE4 the whole day… like “shut up and take my money!”… you Americans and your credit cards. Well… I guess I have continue waiting…

BTW, I posted some background on payment detail stuff here