Please help! workspace has disappeared

Hello, I just got unreal engine 5 yesterday and made my first animation render today. Everything was going awesome but I clicked something and now I cant find the actual place where I create the world (where I add props, environments, etc.) I can open other menus like the sequence panel to move the camera and change the edit mode like landscape or select mode but I cant find the actual place where I see it all. Sorry that I cant explain it well because I don’t really know my vocab for this software yet :smile: it seems like a simple fix, maybe I just closed it and cant find it again, but I double clicked the map in the content drawer and it looks like its loading but my workspace is still just a big blank space. I’ve even tried creating new projects and the same thing happens, I cant see anything. Id like to get back to using this awesome software so please let me know what else I should try to solve this problem. Thanks in advance!

Try resetting the editor

In the main editor window:

Window → Load layout → Default editor layout

I have no idea what the actual fix for this or if there is a key bind for this but if you go to to Window → load layout → default editor layout it will fix your problem until it somehow happens again.

oh ok so I think I got it, turns out if you go to viewport and open viewport 1 it shows up again. Thanks so much!

1 Like