Please help! Project crashes when opening

Absolution.log (96.1 KB)
I was trying to reduce the file size of my project, so I added some info to the Packing area of the Project Settings, then I disable some Plugins that did not look like they were being used. Now, after restarting the project, it crashed on launch every time. I’m guessing there was a Plugin I closed which was necessary? How do I troubleshoot this? I attached my log. Here is the crash error:
LoginId:23a2e9f147fe15da9372f28448370f57
EpicAccountId:6c91d305e0fc4fceb675d2f74634345c

Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x0000000000000000

UE4Editor_ClothingSystemRuntimeCommon
UE4Editor_CoreUObject
UE4Editor_CoreUObject
UE4Editor_CoreUObject
UE4Editor_CoreUObject
UE4Editor_CoreUObject
UE4Editor_UnrealEd
UE4Editor_UnrealEd
UE4Editor_UnrealEd
UE4Editor_UnrealEd
UE4Editor_UnrealEd
UE4Editor_UnrealEd
UE4Editor_UnrealEd
UE4Editor_UnrealEd
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
kernel32
ntdll

Hello @DavidTveraas,

I am so sorry that you are having issues with your project crashing. That is such a bummer! We want you to continue expressing your creativity! I want you to know that you are not alone in this. Unfortunately, crashes happen to both neophytes and experts. Thank you so much for posting your crash log! I would like to offer some assistance that would get you started in finding some possible solutions to the problem.

Have you reported the issue to Unreal’s answerhub? Answer Hub If not, I encourage you to do so. You may find that there are others who also share issues similar to yours.

Which engine version do you use?

I was using 26.2. I did not get any response on the Answer Hub. I find only about 1 out of 3 of my Answer Hub questions get responses, so I’ve learned to post in multiple places, including this forum and social media. One suggestion was to open the executable in notepad and manually change plugins from false to true. This worked. Thank you for getting back to me. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello dtveraas!

We’re so sorry that you had not yet gotten any responses on our Answer Hub. There are a plethora of questions there to explore!

We are very excited that you had taken the time to view our forums and our Answer Hub. Your quest to find the answers to your questions helps us build a stronger community. You employed a great strategy to post in multiple places. As my grandmother would say, “A closed mouth does not get fed.”

I am so very moved that you found a suggestion that brought you success! You may not know this already, but you posting the solution you used for this will assuredly help another user facing the same issue!

You are most welcome, and thank you so much for sharing! Please share with us any screenshots or videos of your project in progress or the finished result! :smiley:

1 Like