PLEASE Fix Error Code: 11-E1001

Everytime I purchase a new asset from the marketplace. I click add to project. And I get Error Code: 11-E1001
This has been going on for years. Please I am begging fix this. It has to do with the fact that with you click purchase. Then click add, there is no, “Download” button to hit first. The launcher then gets confused. I and litteraly everyone I know has been dealing with this problem for years.

If I waite random amounts of time eventualy the launcher downloads it in the background, with Zero indication, and then it works. How-ever somtimes even when an asset pack is already downloaded it still throws this error. Could be to needing to download an update. I dont know. If thats the case then please add a download latest for x version button. Please please add a download button we have to click first or something that shows us, hey this is downloading now. The existing system does not do that about 90% of the time. Once in a blue moon the little download indicator will work but it is not the majority of the time.
thank you so much for any time and Help

1 Like

Same here, super annoying. It was just doing it again for me now, but I appear to have fixed it by updating one of the assets I aleady had downloaded.

Had the same issue buddy! Now i don’t know for sure if my fix will be your fix, but my vault cache had reached 399.9 GB, I think there may be a 400 GB cap. I deleted a few of my unused assets and it let me download immediately.

https://www.epicgames.com/help/en-US/c-Category_EpicGamesStore/c-EpicGamesStore_ErrorCodes/error-ii-e1003-a000086078

I put this here because it also solves the E1001 problem, and incidentally it has solved a problem with Steam VR, because it blocked the Unreal Editor, to open it I had to close Steam VR. It seems that the launcher blocked easily, I don’t know why but I have to clear the cache often