Please do not Comment on Spam Threads

Wow someone made me laugh on an intertnet forum. has never happened before. Well done sir :slight_smile:

The keywords are always the same, I believe EPIC is not filtering the titlesā€¦

For me , best solution , 2 conditions => not subscriptions and first thread => Moderator must accept the thread (always Dev & modo here)

Hey all - Spam! Its been a fight here, though we have a few new policies heading into place very soon to help curb some of .

For those that havenā€™t necessarily seen some of the other spam fighting threads, context! - Weā€™ve got some interesting obstacles to overcome on our end, and these arenā€™t bots, but humans, so we have to pivot a lot when trying to predict their behavior.

More updates soon, I assure you we are working on it!

Thanks for your patience with it all. :cool:

Their targeting is amazingly poor. Black magic? Love spells? On the game developersā€™ forum? You gotta be kidding!

[=;157858]
Hey all - Spam! Its been a fight here, though we have a few new policies heading into place very soon to help curb some of .

For those that havenā€™t necessarily seen some of the other spam fighting threads, context! - Weā€™ve got some interesting obstacles to overcome on our end, and these arenā€™t bots, but humans, so we have to pivot a lot when trying to predict their behavior.

More updates soon, I assure you we are working on it!

Thanks for your patience with it all. :cool:
[/]

90% of them use the same words in their titles, you must be only filtering the body.

[= Khalikov;158227]
Their targeting is amazingly poor. Black magic? Love spells? On the game developersā€™ forum? You gotta be kidding!
[/]

They are not targeting the readers of forum. Theyā€™re trying to make their operation be the first thing that shows up in Google searches when confused individuals look forā€¦ erā€¦ guidance.

thereā€™s an easy solution i think :slight_smile:
you can prevent any one from opening a thread if he has least than 25 replies

[=]
[/]

Imagine how that would have upset you when you started your first thread. :wink:

I like it when sites require moderation for posts for users who havenā€™t earned enough reputation. Requiring spammers to make at least a few on-topic posts before they have unmoderated post ability seems like a pretty effective filter.

When you come here to post first, you are probably not able to answer engine questions, but you rather are riddled with them :wink:

[=;158548]
Imagine how that would have upset you when you started your first thread. :wink:
[/]

well, you can help ppl with replies
it isnā€™t a lot 25 replies but for a spammer, every time heā€™ll have to do that, itā€™ll be at least anoying for him :smiley:

Unreal Engine forum currently using vbulletin script version 4.2.2 , as you know vbulletin also one of the favourite spammer give their spam with easy, please the moderator or admin contact Vbulletin support to handle situation, as i know there are view tweak to handle bad bad bad spammer,

[=]
[/]

I know for a fact I would not have started using the engine if were the case.

[=]
[/]

Lovely, and we should start trying to delete all those spam posts in threadsā€¦ Would be annoying for a lot of people, including the mods, and for the spammers it wouldnā€™t make a difference at all.

Probably you should add some script on member registration form, where youā€™ll ask: ā€œwhat is site aboutā€, with possible answers like ā€œsports wearingā€, ā€œkitchensā€ etc, and with ā€œUnreal engineā€ in the list, at random place. Most people who spamming on forums found targets from search engines, and doesnā€™t know any details about where they are.

I have actually been meaning to mention , whatever you guys at Epic switched on in the past week is working really well! Not sure if the modā€™s have it any easier dealing with accounts, but I have not seen any spam for the past few days, itā€™s great!

Thanks guys! :slight_smile:

Yeah, it really seems to have worked really well. Didnā€™t want to mention it at all, afraid to jinx it :slight_smile:

So, congratulations, whatever you did, it has worked out worked brilliantly.

Yeah the vashā€¦has moved out and over at Answerhub.

Hi ,

Iā€™m happy to hear that you guys like the changes, we are looking at implementing some additional security measures on the answerhub as well, though it requires something a little different so I do not have a timeframe on when that will be implemented. We are doing what we can to stem the tide in the meantime!