Please add custom hardware cursor support

That is not a hardware cursor, but a software-based solution.
Which will become horrible if framerate goes down …

It’s sluggish even at 60 fps.

Ok you right sorry

I’ll add my voice to this. A custom hardware cursor would improve the ‘feel’ and responsiveness of things in my projects.

Again +1 from me, I’m waiting for it since UE 4.2.
Like said in the first post, it’s already done HERE, please Epic, implement this, even as an experimental option!

+1, it’s one of those basic things that every engine should have out of the box

+1, Definitely important (if it is not already implemented)… I will need that soon

I am curious how many +1’s it needs until Epic decides to finally implement it :wink:

^ I’ve drawn a picture. About hardware cursor.

People on my game are reporting cursor lag when FPS goes down. I am really looking forward to this as a solution. Thanks!

Hahahaha, Slavq, that’s hilarious :smiley:

I dunno if I trust bags of +1’s; I mean there’s no telling how much air was put in the bag, also a bunch of the +1’s could be broken in the bottom of the bag, who wants that.

Well, obviously one cannot trust a bag of +1’s.

Still, it is apparent that quite a few devs here would love to see that feature – more than many of the advanced features.
And it surely doesn’t help if there is no official statement from Epic if and when we will see it in UE4.

Does this mean there’s a ?
I personally care about this a lot more than any graphics features.

Hey all,

I’ve been talking with the development team on this and doing it properly will take some considerable time. We hear you, for sure, and it’s something we’d also love to have put in place :slight_smile: But at this time we’re unsure of if/when we’ll be able to get it implemented.

As things change, I’ll let you know!

Hi , thanks very much for your feedback. It’s good to know that you are aware of this issue. It would be great however if you could at least ask a dev to explain a bit in technical terms why it is so hard to implement. Because frankly I don’t see the difficulty at all for the PC (Win, Mac, Linux). Why exactly (technically) is it that hard or time-consuming to implement that at least as experimental feature for PC platforms?

Thank you thank you thank you.

I would also like to know this :slight_smile: I don’t see whats so difficult in adding this code to the engine:

You just have to merge it into the engine and that’s all.

They want to do it properly, which I hope means full BP support.

From what I can tell reading this and similar threads it would be preferred by most devs here to have an experimental/temporary solution (for PC platforms) now rather than a full-featured solution at some distant point in the future…