I am implementing stealth finishers, and for enemy character PlayMontage not working… I have created Slot “StealthTakeDown” for both characters, for my player character and enemy, in AnimBP i have created slot too. But for enemy PlayMontage not working, only moving character along root motion without playing animation, also still doing such movements as walking. I have selected Mesh and connected to SkeletalMesh argument in PlayMontage for enemy. Skeleton meshes and animation have the same skeleton.
For player character everthing working. What is causing such error that PlayMontage not fully working? Only root motion moving character along path of root bone motion.
I am using ALS Community C++ plugin for game.
You can reproduce issue when you try some mixamo animation I think.
I believe I can help you with that!
Working with ALS (Advanced Locomotion System) and Anim Montages can be a bit confusing at times due to the way the system is structured to handle animation layers/slots.
Before I proceed to a more in depth search, may I ask you to check a few things for me to see if anything looks off?
Slot placement in Anim Graph
Where is the StealthTakeDown slot node placed in your enemy AnimBP AnimGraph? If the slot is not plugged in before the final pose or postprocessing layer node, ALS internal state machine might be overriding the montage pose with its default locomotion
AnimBP Instance
Is the enemy Skeletal Mesh using the correct AnimBP class assigned in the Blueprint details panel at run-time?
Blend Weights/Overlay States
Since ALS heavily relies on Overlay States and Curves, Are you triggering any specific ALS overlay state or stopping its locomotion logic when the montage starts?
Montage Asset Settings
Inside the Anim Montage itself, did you double check that the track group is set to DefaultGroup (or your custom group) and that StealthTakeDown is selected on that exact track?
If you could share a screenshot of your enemy AnimGraph and the layout of the Anim Montage that would be great!