Playing A Level Sequence From Blueprints

Hey all,

I’m trying to switch over from matinee but having a hard time getting a level sequence triggered in blueprints. Normally with matinee I would use “Play” coming from “Event Begin Play” but I’m not sure what to do with level sequences.

I’ve tried “Event Begin Play” ------> “Create Level Sequence Player” but nothing happens.

Help?

First get a reference to your level sequence in Level BP, then drag from that variable > Get Sequence Player. Drag from that and you’ll find the Play node.

Ha! Pretty much exactly like matinee then. Duh.

Thanks Jacky!

uuhhh… if it was that simple could they not have but that in their docs page!? o.O geeez…

Oh well, thanks for the quick answear! :smiley:

But I have a problem with this fuction. Everything is right in editor, except package them up.
When I ran the packaged game, the level sequence disapeared…
If BeginPlay event was used to trigger the sequence, the program would be break. (everything is behavior right in editor, except after package them up)
And when I ran the sequence in other blueprint such as ActorBlueprint or widget, UE4 crashed immediately!
So I solved this problem with the AUTOPLAY fuction.
So I think this is an issue of this version.(My version is 12.4)

I’ve had this same issue with Level Sequence in 4.12.3. Needed to do something where a sequence was paused and then started playing again, couldn’t make it work in the final Packaged Game with the Play node. Since it just involved Camera and Audio fading, I wound up just using the Camera Manager’s various “Camera Fade” nodes along with pushed and popped Sound Class Modifiers. More here: Fade in/out without Matinee? - Cinematics & Media - Epic Developer Community Forums

ok then how did you manage to play sequence with a BP ? did you connect to nodes in level blueprint or actor blueprint ? I’m trying to add the sequence to a blueprint class , trying to create a ready, prerecorded blueprint class so i don’t need to do this everytime i open a new project. But so far i couldn’t do it.

Think it like you are recording something very long with sequencer and want to save this thing so you can use it everywhere, in other projects. Any help ?

QUESTION:

Could you maybe explain just a tiny bit about what you show here please?
I see NOTHING called ‘Sequence Player’ (I installed and checked nearly every version of UE4 from 4.17, 4.19, 4.22 and 4.25 Nothing… :expressionless:

Also, the function called’ ‘PLAY’ I know that isn’t in there, NOTHING is just called’ Play’ ??
IS THIS AN APRILS FOOLS OR ??

I spent another hour dragging my Level Sequence into everything on my Sequence trying to get a Node that looks like that on the upper left from Persistent level (I have have one level)

RANT:

5 years in, 12-18 HOURS A DAY,. I still can’t pull off some of the simplest things because I USUALLY get ‘R.T.F.M.’ answers here,. and they are only helpful WHEN THERE IS A GOOD MANUAL like with 3d Max etc.

and even though there are 2 different ‘help sites’, no one will share a complete answer about anything ever, THEY SEEM ALMOST OFFENDED at the thought of showing anyone actual STEPS or BETTER lets someone see and touch and reverse engineer the actual code to REALLY LEARN FROM (which is how some people learn, by example… by SAMPLE… Especially when the manuals are so uninspired!

I have never really seen anyone help anyone in a way that made me think,“wow what a great group! I LOE UNREAL ENGINE!”

More like 'put Unreal Engine in my Suicide Note someday.,…

3D Studio for DOS and later 3ds Max community was ALWAYS A FAMILY. MAN DO I MISS THAT,…

1 Like

I hear you.

I struggled with this last night, found a bunch of partial answers and finally caught a break in a random youtube video. I’m pretty new to all this but it seems you can’t drag/reference a sequence directly in a Blueprint.

What the guy in the video suggested was to select the sequence in the World Outliner or the sequencer icon in the editor window, click over to your blueprint window, right click and at the top of the stack it should ask you if you want to create a reference to the selected items. When you drag off the newly created sequence node, you now have have access to the “Play (SequencePlayer)” node, which will also add the “target > sequence player” node. And that should be it.

In my case I wanted to just bind my animation to a key press so I added a “C” key press as the Exec Input.

Hope that helps.

video which second? i not found world outliner

Clarification here for anyone not understanding, you have to add the level sequence you created into the level to see it in the world outliner.

Once you’ve dropped the sequence in the level, then you can drag and drop it into the level blueprint window:

Then you can drag off that pin and get the node you need:

My friend, I completely agree. There is zero actual support here, and any support I get never comes in any practically useful amount of time.

IN the last 4 years I have not once received any support, looking back on any of my posts, and I typically go back for posterity a week later when I finally find a solution by banging my forehead on the table just so that it is there for anyone else searching with the same question.