PlayerStart wont work

I have a small problemw with Player Start, seems that doesnt work

On 3rd template wich i used for tests it just spawn at 0.0.0 coordonate i think it is, ignoring PlayerStart or Pawn if i drag it in world, didnt observer this till i start to edit landscape and i wante pawn to spawn in diferent place than it does in 3rd template.

I did :

• i set the GameMode i even tried map with a new GameMode with NewMap and my Character fall under map all time ignoring the Player Start.

Did you set this?:

311431-ps.jpg

1 Like

I know, i put the Pawn and still fall under or it doesnt spawn, same thing happen with Player Start forgot to specify it.

ignoring PlayerStart or Pawn if i drag
it in world

You either place the Pawn where it needs to be or place the Player Start. Not both.

If you place Player Start, the Game Mode will spawn its Pawn there.

If you place Player Start in an invalid location, the Game Mode will spawn it at 0,0,0 instead (or another, random Player Start if there is more than one)

Also make sure your player start is sufficiently high enough above the ground and it’s not colliding with anything, if it tries to spawn your pawn but can’t because of collisions it usually places it at (0,0,0) (if I recall correctly).

I have selected default player start.

No bad size showing.

I do, but it doesnt take control of it, it just create a new one, sorry for multiple post with same thing, seems i get loged out from time to time and just repost it…

No bad size that first thing i check

Do you have a Pawn in the world?

i dont have an Player Start if that you wana know, doesnt matter wich one i choose to spawn, it will always spawn in same spot.

I’m not following this.

You say Player Start does not work (as in the subject) but now you say you don’t even have one? So which one is it?

• if you place a Pawn in the level manually, Player Start is ignored
  • if you don’t have a Pawn, the Game Mode will spawn its Pawn at a random Player Start.

Perhaps you could describe what behaviour you’re after?

i wante pawn to spawn in diferent
place than it does in 3rd template

Either place the Pawn where you need it. Or place a Player Start and have the Game Mode spawn it for you there.

If i remove the PlayerStart or Pawn,
after press play game will create
Character Mesh

Makes sense.

if i add a PlayerStart, after i press
Play it create Character Mesh ignoring
the Player Start,

Ensure you have 1 Player Start and no Pawn (which you call character mesh here, I believe)

same thing happen if i add the Pawn in world after i remove
Player Start

This also makes sense.

I created a new map so when i press
Play Character fall undermap

Also makes sense - this could easily happen if you have no Pawn present in the world and no Player Start; the Game Mode will spawn one at 0,0,0 (adjusting locating a bit which it can do) but if that spots is under the map, you’ll fall.

Seems i type it a bit strange you are right here, i typed again a bit more explained maybe it make more sense.

• If i remove the PlayerStart or Pawn, after press play game will create Character Mesh

• if i add a PlayerStart, after i press Play it create Character Mesh ignoring the Player Start, same thing happen if i add the Pawn in world after i remove Player Start

• I created a new map so when i press Play Character fall undermap

Well i think i missed 3rd one :

• if i remove all PlayerStart and all Pawns (i have none on map) game will still create a mesh in same position as i had a PlayerStart (wich is ignored, no matter where i put it) or Pawn (wich is ignored, no matter where i put it)

Problem is that Character created is in same position no matter what i have or i dont have as spawn point.

Did you specify the third person character as the pawn in your game mode?

yes i did, i checked multiple times :stuck_out_tongue:

Zip it up and put your project somewhere, I’ll take a look if you like.