Playerstart rotation overridden by camera

Hello, as the title says, no matter the rotation I set to the player start, the player pawn will spawn with a fixed direction depending on the rotation of its camera component.

By changing the rotation of the spring arm component (to which the camerais attached), the spawning rotation actually changes, but I want to be able to use the rotation using the playerstart, since in different levels I want to change the player initial facing direction.

How can I solve this?

Hello, as the title says, no matter
the rotation I set to the player
start, the player pawn will spawn with
a fixed direction depending on the
rotation of its camera component.

You will need to provide more details, this is the default behaviour:

319237-td1.jpg

319238-td2.jpg

Essentially, what else is there that we’re not seeing? Are you spawning the player manually - perhaps it’s being overridden?

What happens is that the player rotation does not match the one of the playerstart.

No matter the rotation I set on the player start, the pawn will still stay in that position.
The BP of the pawn is set as the default pawn in the game mode.
My pawn has a capsule root component, to which a mesh and spring arm component are attached, and a camera is attached to the spring arm component. I believe that I’m missing some understanding of the camera, because if I rotate the spring arm component, the pawn spawn rotation changes.

I understand the problem but I now realise that I never asked the question but merely suggested you checked things I had on my mind and never voiced them. Here they are:

• could you please show the hierarchy of the Pawn
  • briefly describe or, ideally, show how this pawn ends up in the level (placed manually, spawned manually, spawned by the game mode or any other method)
  • is this the default pawn of the Game Mode
  • how is the possession done
  • do you override any of the default functionality of the game mode

First of all thanks for your time!
The hierarchy is the following:
Pawn → PawnBase → PawnTank (CPP class) → BP_PawnTank (BP class)

For the spawning, I just set the BP_PawnTank as default pawn of the custom BP Game mode I created. So I guess it just spawns and is possessed by default (I never actually changed anything in that direction). Be aware that being inexperienced, it is also possible that I’m missing something about the spawning/possession part.

First of all thanks for your time!
The hierarchy is the following:

• Pawn
  • asd