PlayerStart not working and Spawning me at 0,0,0

Hey Everyone,

So I’m using version 4.10.2 and I’m having issues with Player Start. When I hit play, instead of it spawning my character where I placed Player Start, it’ll start me at 0,0,0. I tried deleting the Player Start I have now and created a one, but it’s still giving me the same problems.

I was wondering if anyone else went through the same issues before or know what exactly I’m doing wrong.

Thanks in advance!

Hi, -

As I understand you did it in one of template projects, that offers editor? If so, then which one exactly is it? There may be some blueprint(c++) scripts, that locates character on BeginPlay.

I have this same issue, no idea

Actually, looks like it might have something to do with a broken component in the Pawn

I started on a blank project and not with one of the template

Hi ,

You say you started with a blank project -Blueprints or C++? Are you using a custom character or the UE4 Mannequin? Will it spawn your character if there is no Player Start? Do you have the character selected in the Game Mode blueprint (if using Blueprints) and the correct Game Mode selected in the World Settings? Do you have more than one player start?

Please respond with this information and any other details you may think will contribute to troubleshooting this issue.

Thanks,

Hi ,

Since we have not heard back from you in a while, we are closing this post for tracking purposes. However, if you are still having an issue with the player start, respond with the requested information and we will continue to try to come up with a solution or log this as a bug.

Thanks,

Hi, sorry about not responding, I’ve been busy with work.
I was using a costume character. funny enough the player start not works fine. I deleted the one I had and placed a new one. For some that work and I have no idea why.

Sorry for wasting your time

Thanks for responding with your resolution and you haven’t wasted our time. (We just close posts after a certain amount of time because sometimes people never respond and we want to keep track of active issues.)

Let us know if you experience this same issue or if you have steps to where we can reproduce the issue on our end. -Thanks