Player starts outside of World

No matter what I do the player starts outside of the world globe and won’t move.

This happened after I moved everything upward and then reverted. Everything reverted but this bug occurred.

Play From Here doesn’t work.
Setting a new Player Start location doesn’t work.
Turning it off and then on again doesn’t work.

It seems to be the same place the camera moves to when hitting ‘2’ in the Editor. I’m looking on the web for a Key Reference but can’t find what ‘2’ refers to yet.

The camera seems to be pointing to World zero.

Hello,

Have you reproduced this in a clean project, or is it only occurring in one project?

I recreated the problem today in a clean project. What I think happened is that I clicked Play From Here inside a solid trigger volume and Unreal, instead of placing me in the nearest usable area to play from, spat me out of the world entirely.

Is your game mode set to the right one, and the pawn is also your right pawn? If you dont have the game mode set, then it’s using the default pawn which cannot move and is at 0,0,0.

All of that is fine.
But I tried to test your theory by importing a first-person level into a third-person project and it still worked fine.

Are you still experiencing this issue, or have you been able to resolve it?

It’s only happened the once since creating a new project but technically I haven’t resolved it.

I can add that there was an unspecified error in level blueprint that was probably causing it. If you could help me find the meaning of the error that might help.

It just said "error…{map name} on launch every time. That’s all I know.

What setup were you using in your level blueprint? Could you provide a screenshot?

Also if you see the error message, please provide a screenshot of that as well. Thank you.

Hello,

I am marking this topic as resolved for tracking purposes, as we have not heard from you in a few days. If this issue persists, feel free to respond to this thread. For any new issues, please create a new Answerhub topic.

Have a great day