Player Start Acting Weird

Ok, not gonna lie, I feel like a bit of a muppet for posting this lol. It isn’t an issue as such but it’s just more annoying than anything. Basically, I have my player start set for the player to face right when clicking play.

304773-player-start.png

But every time I press play my player automatically turns left without me pressing anything. I know there is probably a very simple solution but for the life of me I can not figure it out, so any assistance would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Yes, a little odd.

You might have to:

in the character.

Just added this in but unfortunately it still occurs when pressing play.

Automatically turns left (starts right and then turns left) or it just starts left?

He initially starts facing right but instantly turns left.

Ah… when you look at your character in the BP, is it facing the correct way?

IE, is the X ( red ) axis pointing forward?

It looks to be facing the correct way.

Something I’ve noticed however, but didn’t really think much of it, is the camera. Looking at the image the camera is facing from the ‘right’ view and not the ‘front’ view, and it’s the same as in the editor window too.

When I play the game everything is fine and works as intended. But in the editor and character Blueprint if I click the front view it appears like this.

304816-editor-front-view.png

So I’m not sure if that may be why it’s causing it?

Hmmm, looks ok. See Evil cleric’s comment above…

Show us your control script. Perhaps you are not taking into account that InputAxis are always firing, even without pressing any key.

Is the branch really needed?

That’s how I have it set up for basic movement and direction control, is that what you’re looking for?

The problem is in the branch. If it’s not moving and velocity is 0.0, then it’s false => rotates 180º. Try disconnecting the false pin.

Turns out the branch wasn’t needed, honestly that has been bugging me for weeks. I had a feeling it would be a simple solution. It was initially there as I had the output pins on the Set Control Rotation nodes connected to the Set Stamina float. But I just added a sequence node and connected the direction event straight to the set float.

Thank you :), like I said it was more of an annoyance than anythi8ng but I’ve been trying to sort it out for weeks, it’s usually something simple.

Turns out the branch wasn’t needed, honestly that has been bugging me for weeks. I had a feeling it would be a simple solution. It was initially there as I had the output pins on the Set Control Rotation nodes connected up to the Set Stamina float. But I just added a sequence node and connected the direction event straight to the set float.

Thank you. Like I said it was more an annoyance than a problem but it’s been bugging me for weeks.

Cleric. Do you want to make one of your comments an answer?..

Thanks again for the help with this.

No need. The sequence to the solution looks good.