Player only moving after pressing "E"

Beginner here! I’m workin on a school project, and I’ve already spent hours trying to figure this out, altough I’m sure it’s pretty simple…

I’d like my FirstPersonCharacter to move, only after the player presses the button “E”.
So when the game starts, the FirstPersonCharacter cannot move or look around at first, only after “E” is pressed (a text would indicate, that the player has to do that). I want it to be executed only once in the beginning of the game, after this, pressing “E” shouldn’t have any other effect.

Should I change something in the FirstPersonCharacter Blueprint, or in the Level Blueprint?
Can someone please help me with this?

Thank You!

You can use CharacterMovementSetMovementMode (None), and (Walking) to disable movement.

How to disable camera look, I cannot tell, to be honest. Only thing that crosses my mind is to have PlayerControllerDisable Input. This will stop the movement of camera, and the character itself, but then pressing E will do nothing :).

Another way you may consider doing this, is to use SetMovementMode node, and have some external camera. Then you set that external camera as you would do in cinematic, and listen for keypress e. When E is pressed, posses your character pawn and SetMovementMode to Walking. This should do the trick of what you wanted.

1 Like

Thank You so much for answering!
The thing is that I accidentally figured it out, it was only this simple code:

Now when I start the game, I cannot move or look around, only after I press “E”.:))

1 Like