I’ve had a problem where the player would only spawn at 0,0,0 until I moved the playerStart outside of the little hallway scene I’d made. I’d hit play and my player would spawn where the actor was placed. Which is fine and works for my class project–but when I package it, the player always spawns at 0,0,0. I’ve tried creating a platform outside my hall and placing the playerStart actor on it and it still spawns at 0,0,0. My gamemode is set up correctly as per the dozens of other PlayerStart problems I’ve seen online reference.
- Does this occur in a clean, blank project with no additional content or is it limited to one project?
- What steps can I take to reproduce this on my end?
- Do you have anything specifically stating where to spawn the player?
- In the editor, does your playerstart read as “Bad Size” or provide any other warning in the editor viewport that may indicate it cannot currently be used?
- Do you have any specific functionality in your game that may be moving the player character after spawning?
I’m having the exact same issue, I’ve followed the digital tutors 3ds max to UE4 tutorial and everything was fine in the editor but then when I package it, the camera/player goes to origin. When I click play in the Editor I found out that there’s a “CameraActor”, if I click on it it shows exactly where I spawn when I package the build. It’s very weird since even if I try to simulate a standalone game in the editor everything works properly.
Can you provide the information requested in the comment above? The same information I requested from kwagner may help to determine where this error is occurring.
We have not heard from you in several days. I am marking this as answered for tracking purposes. If you are still experiencing this error, please comment with the requested information.