Player Holding Physics objects issues "Momentum Lag"

Hello,

I’m trying to fix an issue where if the player picks up a physics object into physics handle. When the player moves
around while holding the object. The physics object lags behind when the player moves around.

Increasing interpolation introduces stutter and no value fixes the issue anyways.

How do I make a held physics object not have momentum gained from the movement of the player or lag behind the players general movement.

I’ve been trying all sorts of variable settings and nothing seems to keep a held physics object in place it just keeps lagging behind target location when I move around.

How do I keep grabbed physics objects at location set. While player moves around held objects slightly lag behind location on player movement?

Please any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you very much.

as you can see in this youtube clip the item lags behind it set location why does this happen?

Have you tried playing around with the physics handle component variables?

Setting the swiftness and dampening to 0 should give you a stiffer movement, but it may stutter as the actor will “tick” to the next told location.

I’ve been trying all sorts of variable settings and nothing seems to keep a held physics object in place it just keeps lagging behind target location when I move around.

I would set linear limit on the constraint to 0 when moving.