Player Controller (Mouse Input) and Collisions

Hello! This is my first post here :slight_smile:

So, I’m new to Unreal Engine (two months in), using version 4.27. I’m having trouble finding a way to manage Collisions and a PlayerController (using Mouse as an input mouse).
Whenever I click on an Actor (or a Widget Component), and a Collider is in the way between the mouse pointer and the Actor I need to click on, the collision doesn’t happen.

How I need to setup the collision filter in such a way that ignores the mouse? Or there is an option in the Player Controller itself where I can make the mouse filter the collision with certain actors (yet being able to click on other actors)?

I hope this makes sense. Thanks in advance to anyone who is willing to help!

One way this can be accomplished is create a custom channel. You would ignore other channels and block the custom. This will allow the mouse to ignore anything other than what you specify.

To add to the above, by default the mouse click is done using Visibility channel - this is set up in the Player Controller:

Once you have a custom channel (or repurpose an existing one), you can set that to be the default. Then, for each component, you can set the appropriate response in the Collision settings.