Player controlled Pawn?

Basically, I want a character that’s just a rectangle sprite but with the player actor the collision is only for the capsule component. How would I go about creating a controllable Pawn where the collision is the actual sprites (or sprites).

Thanks for any help

Hey RedRiolu447,

Check out this wiki post on Sprite Collision: Sprite Collision | Unreal Engine Documentation

There is an option to use a “shrink wrapped” collision method for your sprites, character included. Its still experimental and can cause potential performance hits, but if you’re looking for a solution to have perfect collision, that is probably what you would want to do.

In terms of the capsule collision component, you can see about just disabling the capsules collision aspect, effectively disabling it and allowing the sprite collision do the work, but I’m not sure how well that would work.

It might be a better idea to keep the capsule, edit it to fit the bounds of your sprite/rectangle, and for anything else the player might use (like a sword), use shrink wrapped collision and attach them to the player.

Thanks for the reply, man. I’ll check out that link later.

I didn’t know you could disable the capsule, so I’ll give that a try. I tried adding a box and giving that collision over the capsule, but nothing happened with that.