Player character spawning when not supposed to

So, maybe I’m just missing something incredibly simple, but I was using the Top Down template and deleted the starting player character through the editor while I was testing other stuff. I didn’t realize it until after, so I dragged and dropped a new TopDownCharacter (using the included blueprint) into the editor. But when I press play, it spawns a player character instead. I deleted the PlayerStart object as well, but it keep spawning a new player instead of using the actual player character object that I’ve set up in the scene already. I’ve checked the game mode and world settings and I have no idea why it doesn’t just use the one I set up in the level.

I’ve added a few variables to the character that I’ve set up on this player character and set up the instance in the defaults, but because the engine keeps spawning a new player character I can’t access them.

Am I missing something? I thought if you created a character and a character controller, stuck them in the level, that’s what would be used.

It’s even more annoying because I know it’s possible to set up the player character in the editor because before I accidentally deleted it, the template came like that! I just want to use the character I set up in the editor instead of the game continuously trying to spawn one on play begin.

DERP NEVER MIND I didn’t notice the Auto Posses option in the AI section of the details. Well that’s that then.