Player character disappears when Jumping

Hello, I hope someone here can help me, every time I make my character jump it disappears in the scene then comes back again in idle…its like a shrinking effect then shows up again after the jump… I don’t know why ? I put the jump animation in my animation blueprint and made use of the “Is Falling” function and it compiles without any error but this happens. I appreciate anyone’s help…thank you.

1 Like

Hmm…Try putting in a different animation for jumping than the one you have now. Anything at all. Does it still happen?

If it does, try unhooking the animating logic altogether in the Animation Blueprint (but keep the actual jump in the Character BP). Does it still happen if there is no animation connected to it? If it does, then it most likely isn’t the animation blueprint.

Thanks! It got fixed by checking the root lock tick box in the jump animation

I fixed it by going into the animation sequence and in the Asset Details, under Additive Settings, the animation had Local Space, I switched it to “No additive” and it fixed it. I think that’s what makes the animation node colors green, brown as well. The node changed from green (not working) to brown and it worked haha

11 Likes

Thank a loot bud. This helped me ! You are a life savior :smiley:

Thank you so much! this was driving me off the walls with my landing animation! Keep being awesome!