Playback fullscreen video in sequencer?

I am trying to figure out a way to use sequencer to play a full-screen pre-rendered video and have it cross fade into different clips of real-time graphics. The only way I can think of at the moment is to have a plane with the video mapped to it. Any other ideas?

Have you checked out the Composure Framework? I believe it uses a media texture as a plate in one of the custom blueprints. No need to set up a plane. If you skip to about 40-45mins of the Live Training: “Getting Started with Composure” on the Unreal Engine channel you might find what you’re looking for. Unfortunately a lot of the breakdown is aimed at that one sequence and didn’t do a huge amount of demystifying for me in terms of the workflow.

Hey thanks im also looking to do kind of the same thing just with multiple clips of green screen and avoid having to do all the plane objects…im going to dig into the video tonight…Thanks

i dont know if i can link youtube vids here but last night i saw a guy use png sequence and sprite without using a plane but I haven’t got to test it yet. you can pm me if u want the youtube video