hi, I have two graphics options the integrated intel graphics and my NVidia gt 650m graphics card, I switched the settings for the launcher and editor and game in the unreal engine folder to use the Nvidia card. however when I run the game and play in editor it works perfectly nice and smooth no screen tearing or lag, but when I launch a standalone game from the editor( also tried with unreal frontend) the game lags and tears pretty bad, I’ve got a feeling its switching to the intel chip, just not sure if there is something I’ve missed.,
You could try specifying for Unreal Engine to always use NVIDIA graphics. If specifying for UnrealEngine doesn’t work you could try to find the standalone application that is probably generated when you run as A standalone in the editor and do the same for it.
Can’t test this at the moment myself because I’m at work, but it should work.
Instructions on how to do it: (source)
- Go to the NVIDIA Control Panel by right clicking on your desktop and clicking on “NVIDIA Control Panel”.
- In the default screen that pops up (it should be “manage 3D settings”, and the “Program Settings” tab should be automatically selected), under “1. Select a program to customize:” hit the “Add” button.
- Navigate to the folder where your unreal engine is located.
- Find the .exe file for what you want to use your NVIDIA card for.
- Under “2. Select the preferred graphics processor for this program:” open the drop-down menu and select “High-performance NVIDIA processor”.
- Hit apply in the far bottom right corner, and you should be good to go!