Play in editor problem

I created a world for a school project. Once it was finished, I migrated it to an empty project in order to save storage for when I package it. When I wanted to test it, this happened. While playing in editor it is really slow, it sounds like my laptop is preparing a launch to space and I see this. I don’t even know where to begin. What should I change in which settings to be able to play this in editor normally?

Try to enter ShowFlag.Collision 0 in console. It looks like collision debug is enabled.

EDIT: Or actually ShowFlag.MeshEdges 0

Wow, thanks for the quick response! Do you know how to open console beside “~”? It won’t open for me when I click that for some reason.

Is your console key bound?

You can execute console cmd on begin play in your level bp or utility widget.

305396-cmd.png

Did you try both commands?

Keybindings are in editor Edit → Editor Preferences.

Try from within editor

I have no idea what’s going in with answerhub. It’s saying I have to “log in to perfom this action”, even though I was already logged in. Hence, the late response… This unfortunately didn’t change anything… Do you have another suggestion?

Sorry answerhub didn’t let me respond for some reason. Anyway, it unfortunately didn’t solve the problem. Do you have any other suggestions?

Oh and how do I check if my key is console bound?

thanks, now I can finally use console command. That already one problem you fixed!

The other problem is sill not fixed though… The debug thingy wasn’t selected. Any other other suggestions?

In the “Show” menu there is an option to reset to defaults at the top. Try that.
Does it look like this in the editor also or only during PIE?

Just to be sure, have you restarted the editor?

Yes I have, but it did not change anything.

Yes, I’ve tried that to no avail.

New level? New project? Does it happen again?

Try the console command again in the level BP, but this time, connect it to the Tick function, instead of Begin Play.

Thanks for replying btw! I’ve tried a lot of things and now it “fixed”. In the I just opened a (first person) project with starter content (so that there is basic settings or something?) migrated everything there, but I made sure not to override anything so that everything was set to the default “value” (code? idk :p). Now it works, I just have to move all my assets. Weird how migrating it to an empty project could still cause problems though. Guess I’ll just have to update my engine at some point.

Sorry, that also didn’t help. But the problem is now fixed by using an unorthodox method. In the end I just opened a (first person) project with starter content (so that there is basic settings or something?) migrated everything there, but I made sure not to override anything so that everything was set to the default “value” (code? idk :p). Now it works, I just have to move all my assets. Weird how migrating it to an empty project could still cause problems though. Guess I’ll just have to update my engine at some point.

Again, thanks a lot for spending time on my problems!