Play From Start timeline causing loops

Hey all! So, I’ve set up a small system to simulate bugs running along the ground; it spawns in ‘cockroaches’ with and then the individual cockroaches run along the ground using timelines. Here’s the flow of how they’re working.

So, pretty simple flow of the cockroaches moving between 3 little timelines, I think. But I’m encountering an issue where, upon any individual cockroach completing their loop between the three points, AFTER they start the timeline flow again up at the top with “Play From Start” on Timeline ‘MoveRandomPoint01’, they’ll get stuck in a loop, continually going from Start Point to Path Point 1, and then teleporting back to Start Point, moving to Path Point 1, rinse repeat forever. Here’s a video.

You can see around 9 seconds when the loop kicks in. Any ideas on why this is going on, and the timeline flow isn’t continuing as normal, would be greatly appreciated!

Got it working! Really simple solution that I somehow overlooked: I just hooked all the timelines to work off of Play From Start instead of Play.
The error was with the second and third timelines being set to Play; once they each finished running the timeline once, the timeslines were stuck at the end, and so the first timeline just kept looping over and over again as the only one playing from the beginning after the first runthrough of all three timelines.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.