Download

Plane skeletal mesh physics doesn't fully working.

Hello all. I am new to unreal engine and working on a simple plane simulator. I thought simulating a plane would be like a four wheeled vehicle, except plane has three wheels. So I decided to create my plane as a vehicle. I have found a plane .fbx asset from internet, a little arranged it and exported to unreal engine. It created has created the skeletal mesh and physics asset for me. I haven’t used bones in 3ds max when I edited the asset. Here is the list of objects in this plane and its hierarchy in unreal editor.
plane_object_list.jpg

Since the plane has many parts and since I only wanted to work on how to move the plane, I have reduced it by attaching all of those parts, except the wheels, to the plane_body. I have also linked the wheels to the plane body with the Select and link tool. After these, I have exported this asset to unreal editor as an .fbx file, with the Import as skeletal option is ticked. It created me a physics asset and the skeleton. I have reset the physics asset configuration created by unreal and created my own configuration (collisions, wheels etc.). Here is the physics asset window, its configurations and simulation.
physics_simulation.jpg

After setting the physics asset and simulate it to check everything is correct, I have jumped to the Vecihle User Guide. Created the tire assets, wheels and other things.

And here is my problem. When I hit play to test, the plane collapse into the ground, the wheels collisions don’t work, but the plane_body’s collisiın is working properly. Here is an image.
gameplay.jpg

What causing this? How can I prevent it? I didn’t want to include full blueprint details in order to spare space. If you need any detail, I would really love you to ask :slight_smile:

ok lets start with the skeleton, you need a root bone/object/dummy at 0,0,0 with the orinantation of X=Forward Z=Up , all other bones/objects/dummies must be linked to the root bone.
the physics asset looks ok but you can make it out of 2 boxes , 1 for the body and 1 for the wings.
the rest is just tweaking the values of the blueprint

Thank you very much! I will do it.