Plain text file to storage inventory, possible?

I have developed a small mod that adds non-craftable “donation kits” to help generate revenue for private server owners. While it is quite useful, it would be much better if each server owner could easily add and remove items with out having to build their own mod. I’m hoping someone has a solution that would offer the ability to add an inventory, to a custom storage container, of items specified in an editable text file. At this point I have a public mod of items I have chosen for basic base kits. I know that everyone may not agree with what I have chosen and hope to offer the best alternative possible to private server owners like my self. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance.

I know there are ways to store information to the .ini and retrieve those values for mod edits but I’m not sure there’s a way to do what you’re asking. Not from a text file at least. But I could be wrong! Stop by the discord and I’m sure someone can help out if it’s possible.

RehabMannie - what if you allowed them to specify the “donation kits” in an ini file? It might default to a setting of 0 (which gives specific icons). But if they change that setting to a different number (1, 2, 3 or 4, etc) then it would provide different items in the “donation kits”. You could provide essentially unlimited options using that method. OR you could provide a dozen options to turn specific items off (i.e. ModDonationKitSaddlesEnable=True, ModDonationKitArmourEnable=True, ModDonationKitWeaponsEnable=True, ModDonationKitAmmoEnable=True, etc). If they want to turn off saddles or armour being in the donation kits they could just change the relevant flag in their ini file.

I found this guide useful for getting data from the GUS.ini file: