Placing objects using physics before the game starts

Hello everybody :D,

I would like to know if there is someway to use the Unreal Engine physics to place objects inside the editor, so when the game starts, they are already placed.
Say for instance that I want to make a pile of rocks, bones etc, and I dont want to place them by hand, it would be much easier to place them hovering in the air and letting the engine calculate their position according to the gravity and acording to the colliders, so you have a nice an realistic spreaded objects.
Does that make sense?

Thank you very much! :smiley:

Cheers,

n4uj.

Maybe do it only once and reuse it?

Spawn the objects in the game engine,if they have settled nicely save the location/rotation in file and then every time you need something like that reuse the “asset” by spawning the object in a single logic tic in the predefined positions.

Hi!

Thank you for your response :slight_smile: That might work. Is there any automatied way to save the transformation of an object? Or do I have to copy the transformation of each object once positioned as the starting one?

Cheers,

n4uj.

1. Place everything in the air
  2. Simulate
  3. Select assets you need to save after they fall down
  4. Press “K” on the keyboard
  5. have a nice an realistic spreaded objects:slight_smile:

Source:

whoa thanks!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

You can also use the foliage tool. Instead of a nice selection of tress use junk instead.

I have never though about that, but that is a nice one too! Thank you :D!