[PiXYZ Plugin] New CAD File Importer

GET YOUR HANDS ON THE CAD DATA PREP TECHNOLOGY THAT UNREAL ENTERPRISE USED FOR THE MCLAREN 570S AND CHEVROLETGDC DEMOS!

IMPORT ANY CAD FILE

With PiXYZ PLUGIN, import any CAD file (CATPart, Solidworks, JT, STEP…) with perfect tessellated meshes, limited polygon count.
See formats supported in PiXYZ PLUGIN

Find all your classic import settings (combine, collision, materials…) and PiXYZ additional options (keep product hierarchy, tessellation presets, UV creation, up-axis switch…).

PREPARE YOUR ASSET

For import, access built-in tessellation presets to define mesh quality or create your own settings according to your optimization strategy.
Create LOD on-the-fly when tessellating your CAD model.
Apply automatic UV (beta) projection mapping (channel 0) and auto-unwrapping (for channel 1 Lightmaps) to your new mesh

ENHANCE YOUR ASSET WITH ADVANCED TOOLS

Access advanced tools from the PiXYZ tab, for fine-tuning: UV re-generation and scale, change normals/faces orientation, decimation with our powerful trimming algorithm.

Download and try it from our website: https://www.pixyz-software.com/plugin/

Hi,

We have downloaded and used the 7 day trial of Pixyz Plug-In for Un-Real. We are only just learning to use Un-Real and experiment with how best to import Assets and Large CAD models.

The 7 day trial is now ended and we have uninstalled Pixyz Plug-In. When I come to open up my saved files (Games) I am receiving this warning, even though no assets in this game were imported using Pixyz Plug-In Importer…[see attachment Pixyz-Missing-Plug-In].

Pixyz-Missing-Plug-In.PNG

-If I click “Yes” I then receive this warning…[see attachement Data-Smith-Cad-Importer-Fail]…

Data-Smith-Cad-Importer-Fail.JPG
When I click “OK” Un-Real closes down and fails to open.

-If I click “No” then Un-Real closes down and fails to open.

If I try and create a new project I receive the same data smith warning.

If I try and launch Un-Real from the Epic Games site and either open or create a new project the outcomes are the same as those above.

Why is Un-Real hanging on to Pixyz Plug-In even though no assets were imported for these projects and even new projects can’t be created?

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.