Pixel Streaming Setup Questions

Greetings and Salutations Unreal Devs!

When I posted my question before in December 2021, I think I may have posted it under the wrong category. So I am posting it under the proper category now, and hopefully someone could be kind enough to point me in the right direction so I can solve this.

I’m in the process of developing a fun project that will need to be hosted online with a web domain. I did find the pixel streaming tutorial and can set up the localhost just fine and work with my business partner through our network. I have tried setting up the pixel streaming through the port forwarding setup explained in the Unreal documents. For some reason, I cannot get it to connect properly. I really want to share my dev process with my other business partner through the net and he is on mac. So pixel streaming would definitely solve that problem. Any advice for where to find some clarity on troubleshooting would be wonderful.

Also, the long-term goal for our project is also have a dedicated server for hosting students and clients. I read that organizing the network traffic is super important, and I would love some keywords or info that I can go look up to get me towards that goal. I’m not afraid of the work, I just need some guidance so that I can focus my efforts.

Thanks,

Mary

2 Likes

Unsure how to help you with your sharing issue. Could be numerous issues with your local network regarding settings / firewall etc…

As with hosting Pixel Streaming, I have found 2 paid options that are quite expensive.
Microsoft Azure

or
Pureweb

Epic Games should provide developers with a cheap and easy option to host solutions. Would be a great help and a huge opportunity for them to get into Metaverse hosting. HINT HINT!

@Riftwarr1 ,

Thank you so much for your reply! I had found azure a few weeks ago and am still wrapping my brain around all that it has to offer. I had not found the direct link to the unreal pixel streaming info though! Also, I’d not heard of pureweb and will be checking into that as well. I found some info on using a stun server with a public host, but not sure if that is going to work for us. I’m going to keep digging into more network info and see if there is a solution that will work in the meantime until my client and I go live with our project.

Again, thanks so much for your reply :slight_smile: