Pixel Streaming: Device Orientation & touch screen detection

Pixel Streaming is getting along very nicely, both on Mobile and on regular browser, but we’re struggling with two issues:

• **Device Orientation **data seems not to get through (“Get Player Controller -> Get Input Motion State” does not contain data, and mapping “Rotation Rate” in Input does not have any effect, as per <link>). Has anyone figured out a way to get this data out of the browser into the game? According to <this> the data should be available but it seems UE is not yet picking it up?

• To show / hide joysticks and other interface elements, we tried to uncheck “Always Show Touch Interface” in the settings (“should the touch input interface be shown always, or only when the platform has a touch screen”), but also here, UE is not detecting the touch interface through pixel streaming. Did anyone solve how to show/hide the touch interface?

1 Like

Did you ever find a solution?

Yes.

You need to look in the Signalling Server files, \scripts\app.js

And set
controlScheme: ControlSchemeType.LockedMouse,
fakeMouseWithTouches: false

That’s the basics, but it’s been a while so I might have missed something. Let me know if it helps!

1 Like

oh forgive me and thank you for replying. I meant specifically the first part of your questions.

“How to get the device orientaion data out of the browser and into the game?”

apologies for the slow reply - I was on holiday :).

No, I haven’t solved the device orientation question. If you manage to find a way to do this I’d be very happy to hear from you though!!

No worries, I hope you had a really nice holiday and the weather held out for you. I had a sneaking suspicion when I looked on your website and saw that you hadn’t implemented it. I’ve passed the question on to someone higher up, so hopefully it will be passed on to someone out there well versed in javascript and WebRTC. But if I find out I will let you know