Pinball game main menu not disappearing after hitting Play

I have been following a course on how to create a Pinball game. So far all seems to be going well apart from a few things:

The main menu does not disappear when I hit Play
There’s a ball that drops past the screen when I am pressing the left flippers (or hold it down for long enough for it to drop)
The highscores list is not showing the names of the players.

Link removed for potential asset license usage.

Thanks in advance.

from what i can tell you never tell the main menu to be removed. basically you create the menu widget via the game mode, then when you press play you reset game which creates the hub and spawns a ball but you never destroy the menu. its a pretty easy fix, in the menu widget on click play just after the reset add a remove from parent node.

now the names not showing is another issue entirely and not really in the scope of this question but ill look into it in a little bit.

on a last note you may want to be careful about sharing assets like those in your project. i know the course your talking about is a paid course but im not sure on the asset license usage restrictions.

ok i think i figured out your system and why there are no names showing. no names are showing simply because you never set what name to show. in the project you provided you didnt have the text pin connected to the new score name pin.

Thanks so much for your help! I had no idea I missed out the connecting of the Text pin to the New Score Name pin. I guess the trainer was going that quick that I either missed that bit or he didn’t mention it! Same with the main menu widget.

I have also removed the link to the asset to cover my back regarding the potential license usage.

Once again many thanks for your assistance! :smiley: