I’ve been fiddling with the pilot mode in order to set up characters on my scene but whenever I lock the viewport to the camera component inside the character and try to move it with left click or right click and move keys, the editor sends the character flying.
This however doesn’t happen when locking the viewport to the center of the character actor.
- Does this occur in a clean, blank project with no additional content or is it limited to one project?
- What steps can I take to reproduce this on my end?
- Are you in PIE when the character goes flying or does this occur in the editor viewport outside of PIE?
This bug occurs both in a blank project and in a project using default assets. To reproduce :
- Import or create a character class
blueprint in the project.
- Add a camera component to the character.
- Go back to the editor and place
said character in the scene.
- Right click the character and
- Use either left click or right
click + WASD or Arrow keys to move
the character in the editor and
send it flying.
No I am not in PIE, it happens when i’m piloting the character in the editor by using the pilot mode.
After further testing, it appears that the bug is caused by locking the viewport to a Camera component, whatever the blueprint class it is attached to.
I was able to reproduce this on my end and have entered a bug report, UE-23872, to be assessed by the development staff.
I see the issue has been closed (Unreal Engine Issues and Bug Tracker (UE-23872)) yet the behaviour is still present in 4.19. Any updates on this?
Met the same bug Any updates on this?
My version is 4.20
Still happens to me in 4.21…