PIE window doubles every time you start the game

When setting the PIE window position under “level editor - play” in the editor settings, the position gets saved, and when starting the PIE in a pop-out window, it gets doubled (or multiplied with the windows scaling settings). This number then gets saved, effectively multiplying the position every time you start the pop-out PIE.

Here is a link to the problem in action.

It seems to only be an issue on UHD screens that use a different scaling than 100% (set in the windows settings).

I tried reporting this bug on the Unreal Engine bug submission form, but it kept loading infinitely on several different browsers and PCs, so I came here instead.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Open an Unreal Project on a 4k screen with >100% scaling
  2. Under the Level Editor - Play settings, set the Game Viewport setting “New Window Position” to something other than 0/0
  3. Play in editor in a new window (pop-out)
  4. Close the resulting window
  5. The position set under the “New Window Position” will have doubled / changed according to the DPI scaling

Hello,

We’ve made a switch to a new bug reporting method using a more structured form. Please visit the link below for more details and report the issue using the new Bug Submission Form. Feel free to continue to use this thread for community discussion around the issue.

Thanks

As I mentioned in the post above, I tried reporting this bug on the Unreal Engine bug submission form, but it kept loading infinitely on several different browsers and PCs, so I came here instead.