PhysicsConstraint does nothing

Hi there,

I’m having some issues using Physics Constraints. what I try to make: a static platform with a pressure plate on it.
When I make a simple BP class, add these 2 static meshes, and add a physics constraint, it seems to work
I set angular motion locked, and linear only Z-motion free or limited, and use a linear position motor on the Z-axis, and I set the pressure plate to simulate physics, and the platform not.

Now I try to do the same in my existing BP class, and the constraint just doesn’t seem to do anything. It constrains nothing (but also no error), linear motor also doesn’t seem to do anything at all, no matter what values I use. I tried recreating the constraint several times, but I keep getting nothing at all. Now I have no clue what the problem could be. The colors for the constraint show up correctly…

Did anyone ever encounter this before, and if so, did you find out what the problem was? Or anyone just has a random idea as to what is wrong?

Thanks for any input. If you need more information please let me know what.

Kind regards,

Nobody? It just happened again. I made a new BP, first made sure the constraints are working, then copy other content. Was working fine yesterday… then today I start tweaking the values, and suddenly… the pressure plate just falls freely, like no physics constraint is there. I tried resetting it to the values I had before, but it doesn’t seem to be working anymore, like it permantently broke… what the hell…

Update: I was experimenting and it seems the only way to get it working again is to remove the first component (Platform), and recreate it (it’s just a static mesh). Then suddenly it works again. This must be a bug right?