Physics slow until interacted with?

I am having an issue where the physics on an object is falling very slowly until I move the camera into it, it then bounces and acts like its meant to. I assumed it was because I needed to wake the Rigidbody but that doesn’t seem to help. I’m doing the following

Mesh = CreateDefaultSubobject<UStaticMeshComponent>(TEXT("Mesh"));
	Mesh->SetSimulatePhysics(true);
	Mesh->SetCollisionProfileName(UCollisionProfile::PhysicsActor_ProfileName);
	RootComponent = Mesh;

I’m also on tick trying the following

Mesh->WakeRigidBody();
	Mesh->WakeAllRigidBodies();

This also happens with the default shapes provided by unreal, I’ve also tried upping the mass to insane numbers, and doesn’t help.
It still doesn’t seem to wake so I don’t think that’s the issue. Would love some help!

I have now figured it out, its because of the RadialForceComponent I had on the mesh. After setting Auto Activate to false it fixed the problem. I noticed physics outside of the radial force was working fine. Need to watch out for that in the future!

2 Likes

Thanks @Hersh97, you have restored my sanity today. That crafty auto activate got me too! I was seeing really weird behaviour with a particular mesh and I didn’t realise the radial force was even active.

I added it ages ago while prototyping and completely forgot about it. :sweat_smile:

Glad I could help! It took me a little while to figure it out as well haha.

1 Like