As you can see in the video, the issue is balls getting stuck in the left and right collision volumes. It appears to happen when balls collide right next to it, the physics places the ball into the block, and it just can’t seem to get out.
Things I’ve already tried to fix this:
- Both the balls’ static mesh components and the red collision volumes are using CCD.
- I’ve turned physics substepping up to it’s slider max of 16.
- I’ve increased the balls’ position and velocity solver iteration counts to 40 and 12 respectively,
- Max Depenetration Velocity is at 0.0, so no max, but setting it to 50 made the balls shoot through the other side rather than get stuck.
- Changing network relevancy has no effect.
- Disabling “Replicates Movement” doesn’t stop it from happening on the owning client.
- Changing the Tick Group seems to have no effect either.
Important notes: It’s worst when replication is taking place. The balls are only spawned on the server, and are marked to replicate movement.
If it would be better to replace the balls with some sort of projectile rather than a physics object I can try that, but if there’ some physics settings I can adjust to fix this it would be preferred.