physics object flies away due the collision with the landscape

As soon as I change the object from static to dynamic the object jumps in the air.
If I remove the block collision with WorldStatic objects then it falls under the landscape.
This is annoying, how do I fix it?

Ensure they’re not intersecting. Or:

Thanks, I’ll investigate about that “keep simulation changes” thing, never heard about it before.
Making them not intersect the landscape is not an option, I’m talking about trees and rocks which are supposed to intersect the ground.

Perhaps they should not be simulating physics initially, so they stay where they need to be. When interacted with, you enable physics. How quickly something gets catapulted into outer space is controlled by this:

When set to 5:

Thank you, the problem is they are geometry collections, if you don’t simulate physics you don’t get overlap events, that’s why I’m implementing the workaround of making them static and then switching to dynamic when I want to crumble the pieces.

I checked the keep simulation changes thing but I can’t figure how can it help me, what did you have in mind?

The geometry collections don’t seem to have a “Max Depenetration Velocity” property, do they?

How so? Overlaps fire for non-simulating components. Admittedly, I’ve never worked with geometry collections so my knowledge here is limited.

But it does sound like a MASSIVE overkill to get an overlap by mass enabling physics. I feel I am not getting the whole picture.

The geometry collections don’t seem to have a “Max Depenetration Velocity” property, do they?

It’s a feature of static meshes, which I had assumed we talked about here.

I need to simulate physics for the chaos destruction.

And about geometry collections not generating overlaps if they are not physics, it’s a fact.
I don’t know if it’s a bug or a feature, but we spent hours trying to figure what was going on until we found a post where other people had the same issue.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ll be of no use here. :expressionless: The state of some of UE5 features is the main reason I’ve yet to transition.

Thanks anyway, I hope someone else can provide some fix.
It’s frustrating to deal with things like this one that should work properly out of the box.

1 Like