Physics Control Component driven skeletal meshes, attached on simulated bodies. Is it possible?

Hey there! Have anybody tried using PhysicsControlComponent attached to something physical? Chaos Wheeled Vehicle, for example?
I tried it, but the skeletal mesh keeps sliding away behind the movement, feels like the velocity being treated as acceleration.
But when you move something not physically (SetLocationRotation on tick for ex.) it’s totally ok.
So have somebody got PhysicsControlComponent working, being attached to something physically simulated?

I suppose there’s no way to make it work for now, but would be grateful if someone will point out something useful

// on the pictures below is the problem I get with the skeletal mesh being driven by PhysicsControlComponent, while attached to the cube with 0 gravity and simulating physics, moving with some constant velocity (no acceleration)

P.S. I understand this is EXPERIMENTAL, but just want to know if it’s impossible or not.

1 Like

Hi there @DoggyDog, hope you’re well.

This topic has been moved from International to World Creation.

When posting, please review the categories to ensure your topic is posted in the most relevant space.

Thanks and happy developing! :slight_smile:

1 Like