Physics constraints won't work correctly if out of field of view?

Hello everybody,

I’m trying to implement a train system using Chaos Vehicle. The results so far look very promising but I ran into an issue using physics constraints to connect wagons. While chains of physics constraints are often described as unstable I had no mayor issues so far and were able to connect several chaos vehicles to each other. However there is one major problem as soon as the physics constraints are out of the field of view they seem to stop working correctly.

Also I’m pretty sure it is due to the physics constraints since if I remove them and push the wagons via collision there are no issues at all. Does somebody have an idea why that happans or even how to resolve this?

The only way to fix this so far has been to increase the bounds of the wagons so that they are always rendered. Interestingly, the physics constraints wont make a mess then. Not the best solution I admit.

I made a new implementation for the coupling. Now everything works fine. I was not able to identify what caused the problem but I assume the collision boxes which trigger the connection via physics constraints were triggering even though the connection was already established. This lead to the components of the constraint being set multiple times. Strangely, this occured mostly when the collision boxes were out of the field of view. Disabling the collision boxes after coupling did the trick.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.