Physics Constraints "Disable Collision" option not working in sublevels

I’ve been working with physics constraints a lot recently and was trying to bugfix a BP of mine behaving weirdly in a level.

The BP is basically a chandelier that hangs from a chain made of static meshes and physics constraints, and it works perfectly fine in any persistent level, but if it’s moved to any sublevel, the static meshes all collide with each other and are forced apart, causing it to jitter in place constantly.

I realized this is because the “disable collision” option in the physics constraints that is supposed to stop collision between the joined bodies isn’t working in sublevels when it should, even if I try to enable it at multiple points in the event graph.

I used a workaround of having the chain links not collide with the PhysicsBody collision channel, but it’s not the ideal fix. Is there any word on if or when this bug will be fixed?

Hello,

We’ve recently made a switch to a new bug reporting method using a more structured form. Please visit the link below for more details and report the issue using the new Bug Submission Form. Feel free to continue to use this thread for community discussion around the issue.

https://epicsupport.force.com/unrealengine/s/

Thanks