Physics chain / constraints stability problems in Sequencer

I have a skeletal mesh with long chains of bones with constraints (think anime style ponytails). Spent time tweaking constraints so that there is no jitter and instability (very hard). And verified that animations play fine in the editor (simulate / current viewport).

But.

When I render a movie in sequencer - for some reason everything goes haywire. Lots of trembling and shaking. Try as I might, no amount of damping or increasing the solver iterations helps :frowning:

Here is an example: 怐MMD Ɨ Unreal Engine怑 Perfume - Global Site Project怐Tda Append Miku怑 - YouTube

Any tips would be welcome. If I were to attempt tweaking any parameters in the project-level / engine settings (say physics) any suggestions ?

Another thought is - is there some difference in the way post-processing is handled when rendering a sequencer / cinematic that could explain why this happens. As you can see in the video I am experimenting in the ā€œStylized Renderingā€ demo.

FWIW I noticed a big difference in the physics constraints behavior between the last 3 versions of the engine. I did not have this problem when rendering cinematics earlier :frowning:

Hey there, did you ever find a solution to the problem? Have been struggling with the same problem for quite some time now.