Physics body goes through landscape on high velocity

My airplane wheeled vehicle Skeletal mesh goes through my landscape when the speed is very high while its simulating physics, this generally happens with every physics asset like a ragdoll or any wheeled vehicle

That happens because the moment when hit should occur falls between frames. Enabling Continuous Collision Detection (CCD) for the moving object should help. It’s somewhere under the Collision section.

I applied that but it didnt really do the job

Did you apply it on the SkelMesh ActorComponent or inside PhysicsAsset? Skeletal mesh collision bodies have CCD option that can be checked inside the PhysicsAsset editor.
Hope this helps :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Also check if CCD is maybe disabled in the project settings (Physics > Simulation). Although I think it is not disabled by default

Yes I have CCD enabled on the skeletal mesh and also in the physics bodies, it stll didnt help

Landscapes also have Collision Thickness parameter under Collision. Maybe worth checking.
And if all fails, you can try enabling physics sub-stepping for your project. Keep in mind that both CCD and sub-stepping will load CPU.

Yes I checked landscape thickness, and sub stepping too, already, as of now things are working okay ish

this fixed the issue for me, thanks!