Physics Based Tutorial Series

I didn’t forget about your request, I’ve made a tutorial on the battering ram. I’ve also put the ballista on the list for a future tutorial.

Here’s the new video on how to make a battering ram that breaks down gates:

New video in the series:

Physics Based Helium Balloon | Artificial Gravity

New video in the series:

Physics Based Rope Using Bones

Just wanted to say these are great. I have no use for these great examples but watching and learning and seeing these is a genuine pleasure. Thank you for doing these and I hope you continue to produce more content.

Just wanted to say these are great. I have no use for these great examples but watching and learning and seeing these is a genuine pleasure. Thank you for doing these and I hope you continue to produce more content.
[/QUOTE]

Much obliged!

New video in this series:

Physics Based Magnets

best channel ever :smiley: i like how you cover a lot of different cases. just a little more and you can release a physics based game :smiley:

Thanks! I am planning to make a physics based game, but for now it’s only in the idea stage.
I actually refrain from explaining everything that I want to explain, because the video would take too long. I condense it to the most important points

Physics Based Blowing Fan | Wind Machine

Physics Based Sliding Door

I love your channel! Great job. I have a question: can I lock Viewport to held object ( Held object is the component variable on physics gun video )? I’m trying to make something like inspect type of feature. Also, it will be useful on stuff like hinge door when you can open the door how much you would like without looking all over the place with your own view?
Thanks to anyone who will come up with some idea or solution.

Thanks!
Hm… that would be tricky since the physics constraint that holds the objects is tied to the movement of the camera.

I think you could have a second camera on the player character and when you manipulate an object, you switch to this camera and each frame, point this camera at the object that you want. Then, when you finish inspecting, you switch back to the usual camera.

Try that and see if it works.

If not, you would have to re-implement the Add Controller Yaw Input and Add Controller Pitch input yourself, so you can tell it not to move the camera in certain situations.

Physics Based Revolving Door

hi,

I wanted to simulate the same mechanism as in “Stewart Platform Kinematic Solutions with MATLAB - YouTube” using only inverse kinematics (pure mathematics) with blueprints, and i got really frustrated with rotation stuff (world, relative, local…) and i decided to do that using physics.
in physics i have this problem of controlling objects. like where is the static equilibrium point?
how would you simulate such a mechanism in the video i posted in the link?

i really need some assistance with this

regards

Hello,

You should be able to make that mechanism using physics constraints. I’m not sure how you would control it, though. What do you intend to do with it?

From what I can see, each leg of the platform is made of two ball joints (I think. sorry, I’m not an expert in joints) and a crank. So you should be able to control the cranks with a certain function to make the platform tilt however you like.

Have a look at the crankshaft tutorial, that should help you out a lot.

Not sure what you’re asking about the static equilibrium point. The physics constraints and objects act largely like in the real world. So a simple pendulum, if left free, would point in the direction of the gravity.

Have I answered your questions?

NOTE: I now make UE4 Dev Live Streams on Twitch. You can follow me here: Twitch

Physics Based Mechanical Joints

May I utter a small request? :smiley: I would like to see how you go about creating carts, pulled by something that could be a horse, human or w/e, and that passes physical impulses onto the items that are placed into the cart. Or maybe you already have some videos showing the same idea?

I made some stuff that are similar to what you’re saying, but not exactly that. It’s a good idea, I’ll put it on the list. :slight_smile:

Edit: Maybe the third person character would be pulling a cart or something.

It’s been almost a year since my last physics tutorial, but I’m back!

Here’s the new tutorial in the series:
BONEWORKS Balloon Gun tutorial using Physics

Welcome back! Very welcome :wink: