Physics Asset Editor Clamp bug in Scale Shape

Well I want my own skeletal mesh because I use a custom Rig for my workflow.
Well I know UE needs a Specific pose and rig to create a “Well” Physics assets.
Well I don´t need the “Automatic” generation of Physics assets.
I need my Own custom Physics Assets, so I know I need create manual (for me that’s not a problems, that´s is my work.) but I have a big problem with Physics Assets editor.
When I create a Shape for a Bone the first problems is “Has create a big shape” like 10 o 15 time more big than my character (covering all scene).
Ok, this is normal, just simple Scale de shape and “PROBLEM DONE” but the scale has clamp, so that would not be a problem if the min scale don´t was a size of a all Character!
So I add a link to a video showing my problem.

So when I use “Re-generate Bodies” button well create a only one shape (It’s ok but it´s not a correct size) but when I try to change the scale… Boom Has clamp to another size (This happen in any scale axis X,Y,Z or any of then) or when I add manually a shape “BOOM” has min size scale clamp covering all character…
So the animation works correctly also the IK works fine, My problems is just with the Physics Assets Editor with that “CLAMP SCALE”!

Any solution?
Pls, don’t tell me “Use rigify” because I don’t need a “Default” rig for my character (Rigify It’s not a solution) I need a custom Physics Assets. Also this problem happens with any Model (Including characters of the markets place) when I thy to chance any scale of any shape (so it’s not my file or rig config, this is a problems only of the editor).

I add another video Showing better what’s happens ( I can move and rotate correctly but THE SCALE IT’S A BIG PROBLEM)

1 Like