Physics asset constraints doesn't seem to work properly in later versions

Hello community.

I discovered a problem with constraints in physics assets, specificly limited ones. It seems like in later versions of the engine (4.21+ from Launcher) you can’t set up limits on constraints reseting it and rotating. All you get is a body rotating freely without the respect for constraint limit.

As you can see on a comparison image I made with two different versions (4.19.2 and 4.23) there is a difference in the same constraint on the same sceletal mesh. In older version there are visible limits where you reseted the constraint while in new one there is no such thing.

Were there some changes that I am not aware of or this is straight a bug? Setting up all physics assets in 4.19 and then migrating them is not an option unfortunately when you have a lot of iterations and uassets aren’t backward compatible.

That picture doesn’t show much as far as I see. It’s too small when opening in browser to see the details panels’ content. Try modifying the comparison pictures by highlighting what you’re referring to exactly. I think it’d go better for getting help.

Using a normal mesh instead works but when using it inside a player BP such as the FPS example player BP it behaves very strange: setting the angular limits to the following makes it pretty clear: Free, Locked, Locked. As a comment on your answer, I hope it will be useful. In exchange, I want to share with you a good resource https://www.aresearchguide.com/thesis-generator.html that helps not only students but also editors. The topic generator saves time and effort of students.